Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Retracing My Ancestry

I started looking into my ancestry back in August after a friend of mine told me she retraced her family all the way back to Ireland. She even made a trip out of it several years back with her grandfather to visit some of their origins. That sounded really awesome, and since I've never really been quite clear about my origins, I decided to take on the challenge for my own family. I found some really cool stuff, including some research to trace the Dickey side all the way back to Scotland in 1410! Thanks Adam Asbois De-Co-Dickey, you're one of the reasons I'm here.

It's been a few months since I've done any more research, but being in Florida for Christmas break has gotten me back into it. It's amazing the things I've found... a beautiful obituary for my great-great-grandmother, U.S. Military Documents with my great-grandfather's name from the World War I draft, and I just met my third cousins from my mom's side. It's all been really exciting, so I've decided to share with you my findings in hopes of making it easier for others down the line to trace back their heritage. Dickeys & Elliotts, Clarks & Booths, Hoffmans & Keiths, Fussells & Burketts: follow my journey if you so choose. :)

Links on the right side of the page will take you to each family (info to be added as I find it).